Saturday 27 October 2012

Reward yourself with a rhapsody of colour

Hello birdwatchers

If you've been feeling depressed by the wet, cold summer then I urge you to take a trip outdoors this weekend and reap your reward.

That dreadful, torrential rain and flooding that we've all had to tolerate has created a rhapsody of autumnal splendour around our cities, parks and countryside. Leaves of green, yellow, gold, amber and russet are punctuated by berries of blue/black, red and orange - a sight that could inspire anyone to reach for the box of paints or a camera. Those November winds are just around the corner so don't leave it too late. Visit this link to find out more.


Autumn colours in the suburbs of Leeds

Guelder rose berries

 One big advantage of the November winds is that it becomes much easier to help beginners to identify birds; you can see them and they are in view for longer. Now is a great time to join a class or a birdwatching walk. I have some places available on my birdwatching classes at Rodley Nature Reserve starting again on Monday 5th and Wednesday 7th November for 6 weeks. If you are interested then give me a call. Alternatively, join me at the weekend on one of my walks.

Call me on 07778 768719 for more details or email linda.startbirding@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment